It was brought to my attention that writers are expected to have blogs. This led me to wonder why that is. My first and most flattering conclusion was that it's because our dedicated Readers are aching to know how their favourite writers are progressing in their work, to catch glimpses of the fabled "Creative Process", and to marvel at the writer's witticisms. The second (Read: likeliest) suspicion is that Readers like to see us at our most harried and read these blogs in hopes of finding typos, drooling, half-formed rants, and other signs of premature senility. If that's your reason for reading my posts, take heart! You're likely to see an abundance of that sort of thing here - sans the drooling, but only because I haven't the time for a Youtube Channel as well.
Sometimes I'll share pieces of my story, which is where you might ooh and ah, look away in embarrassment, or hurl rotten tomatoes at me (I don't recommend the latter, because it's bad for your laptop screen). On other occasions, I'll inflict comedic retellings of real-life events on you, at which point I welcome you to laugh at me with impunity, because I do the same.
The SERIOUS BUSINESS topics I may write about are illness/disability, society's shenanigans, dead guys I have a lot of feelings for, etc. Please keep in mind, it's only my opinion, and I certainly don't ask my Readers to agree with me. This blog is a safe place for anyone who follows me, so I won't put up with any poppycock in the Comments section. If you youngsters can't play nicely together, I shall boot you out the door with a flourish.
For those of you who have the misfortune to stumble on my blog for the first time, I also run a Facebook page because I am a wizard of technology: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Brice/1394728017433450?ref=hl
The part about technological wizardry wasn't accurate... I run page that because, again, I was compelled by the Powers That Be. That's the place where I feign intellectual grandeur and share news from the Edwardian Era right up through WWI, pictures of Edwardian Jewelry, Art Nouveau design, other people's clever articles, and words I like.
Any segments of my story or the mythology surrounding it are mine, mine, all mine, and if I catch anyone snitching anything I wrote, I will descend on you like the Wrath of God. I may even write a tart letter.
Welcome to my little hovel, Intrepid Readers, and let the hijinks commence!
- C.M. Brice of Gaea
No comments:
Post a Comment